It’s fun to see what our friends are reading. Despite my reluctance to do “what everyone else is doing” (somehow, I have a deep-seated desire to avoid what’s popular, even when there’s nothing wrong with it), here’s a list of what I read last year (more or less; I don’t keep close track of it). Maybe it won’t seem like I’m following the trend if I do this early enough in December. Ha!
If I reviewed a book, I’ve included a link to my review on Goodreads.com.
I’m sure there must be others on this list… but then again, I think this is the most I’ve read in a year ever since I had my oldest child!
- Red Rising (Red Rising #1) by Pierce Brown (one of my new favorites!!!) – review
- The Maze Runner by James Dashner – couldn’t finish it; watched the movie instead
- Romeo’s Rules by James Scott Bell – review
- Binti by Nnedi Okorafor – review
- Dead Things by L.T. Kodzo – review
- Mariah’s Dream by Grace Bridges
- The Sekhmet Bed (The She-King #1) by Libbie Hawker
- Hidden in Sealskin (White Changeling Book 1) by Thea van Diepen (so fun!) – review
- The Ghost Box by Mike Duran
- Darkness Brutal (The Dark Cycle #1) by Rachel A. Marks
- Dragon Badge (Lost Dragonslayer) by Scott Moon – review
- Divergent / Insurgent by Veronica Roth
- The Hunger Games / Catching Fire / Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
I often pre-read books that I think my kids might like or read aloud to them.
- The Zodiac Legacy: Convergence (Zodiac #1) by Stan Lee, Stuart Moore, Andie Tong – review
- Bartholomew Biddle and the Very Big Wind by Gary Ross, Matthew Myers (Illustrations) – review
- The Lost Kingdom by Matthew J. Kirby
- Quest (Journey Trilogy #2) by Aaron Becker – review
- Masterminds (Masterminds #1) by Gordon Korman – review
- Super Structure: The Key to Unleashing the Power of Story by James Scott Bell – review
- VOICE: The Secret Power of Great Writing by James Scott Bell – review
- Transform Your Habits by James Clear – review
Planning to Read in 2016 / Currently Reading
(Links are to Amazon.com)
- Take Off Your Pants!: Outline Your Books for Faster, Better Writing: Revised Edition by Libbie Hawker
- Christian Horror: On the Compatibility of a Biblical Worldview and the Horror Genre by Mike Duran
- The Story of Marriage by John & Lisa Bevere
- The Sunken: a dark steampunk fantasy (Engine Ward Book 1) by S. C. Green
- S. by J.J. Abrams (started this a while ago; it’s fascinating, and I want to finish it!)
- The Progeny (Descendants of the Blood Countess) by Tosca Lee
- Daughter of Light (Follower of the Word #1) by Morgan L. Busse
- A Sea of Purple Ink by Rebekah Shafer
- Write Characters Your Readers Won’t Forget: A Toolkit for Emerging Writers by Stant Litore
- The Zombie Bible: Silver Edition Box Set: Books 1-5 by Stant Litore (there are still 2 of these books I haven’t read!)
- Fusion Fire (Firebird Book 2) by Kathy Tyers
There are a BUNCH of others, but it’s really too much to list here.